Acoustics – Absorbers

Started building the absorbers this week.  Kris ripped the wood into frames and Helen and I upholstered the first 2.  We decided to go with cloth covers in the end as it takes less time to build, is cheaper but performs as well as other designs....

Windows – Part 3

Kris and I fitted the final pane of glass today. After which we shut all four studio doors and stuck a Joe Bonamassa CD on really loud (<– technical term!) in the Control Room and listened in the Recording Room and … it works!  Good level of...

Windows – Part 2

First pane of glass was fitted this morning by our builder Kris. I’ve just finished cutting and fitting the Auralex foam. Used an entire tube of Tubetack Pro and a few carpet tacks on the top foam so, fingers crossed, it won’t fall down in between the...

Studio Window

The studio window is underway. Glass is here, first bead is fitted, other beads are being stained. Once the stain is dry we can fit the beads and the acoustic...

Studiofoam

I’m not a massive fan of Studiofoam (a quick look here will show the technically minded why not).   It’s also very easy to buy cheap (and inferior) products when it comes to foam.  However, when space is at a premium it’s very useful...

Pin It on Pinterest